If you need to cancel a booking due to extenuating circumstances, follow these steps:
- Go to My Listings and select Manage Listing
- Select Bookings in the green navigation bar
- Find the booking you need to cancel and select Cancel
- Write a message to let the adventurer know why you need to cancel
- Take note of the cancellation penalty (see more info below)
- Select Cancel & Pay
If you cancel a booking, a cancellation penalty will be deducted from your next payout. If the penalty amount is more than the payout amount, the deduction will be spread over multiple payouts. Cancellation penalty amounts can vary depending on how soon the booking is.
- $50 for cancellations more than 7 days before
- $100 for cancellations less than 7 days before
Why do a get charged a penalty?
Cancellations create a negative experience for our customers. Not only do their travel plans get impacted, it also reduces their confidence in the Riparide community.
Help us create a positive experience for everyone who uses Riparide by always honouring the bookings you accept.
Note: this article is for Riparide hosts. If you've made a booking through Riparide and you need to cancel it, see this help article instead.