Stripe is the payment provider we use to handle all payments and payouts for Riparide. When you first join Riparide as a host, you'll need to set up your new payout account by providing your bank details and some personal information to verify your identity to Stripe.
Why do I need to verify my identity?
In certain countries (including Australia), Stripe is required to collect, verify, and maintain information on the individuals associated with a Stripe account. These requirements come from Stripe's regulators and financial partners and are intended to promote transparency and prevent individuals from using complex company structures to hide terrorist financing, money laundering, tax evasion, and other financial crimes.
What personal information do I need to provide?
Stripe will always ask for your name, DOB and address, and your business details including ABN/ACN for company accounts. In some cases where your identity can't be verified with these details alone, you may also be required to provide your ID (passport, drivers licence or other government-issued ID). Stripe will step you through the process of uploading your ID if it's required.
Identification file requirements
- A passport scan is preferred.
- Driver’s license is also acceptable – please provide the front and back.
- Taking a photo with your smart phone camera is the best way to upload your ID. Just make sure it's well-lit and the document information is clear and legible.
- Files need to be JPEGs or PNGs smaller than 5MB. We can’t verify PDFs.
- Files should be in colour, be rotated with the image right-side up, and have all information clearly legible.
- Make sure your image or scan is not cropped. The entire document needs to be visible.